When you decide to purchase a new car, you first decide what is important to you. If mileage and dependability are the important factors, you will search for data focused more on these factors and less on color options and sound systems.
The same holds true when searching for research evidence to guide your clinical inquiry and professional decisions. Developing a formula for an answerable, researchable question that addresses your need will make the search process much more effective. One such formula is the PICO(T) format.
In this Discussion, you will transform a clinical inquiry into a searchable question in PICO(T) format, so you can search the electronic databases more effectively and efficiently. You will share this PICO(T) question and examine strategies you might use to increase the rigor and effectiveness of a database search on your PICO(T) question.
· Review the Resources and identify a clinical issue of interest that can form the basis of a clinical inquiry.
· Review the materials offering guidance on using databases, performing keyword searches, and developing PICO(T) questions provided in the Resources.
· Based on the clinical issue of interest and using keywords related to the clinical issue of interest, search at least two different databases in the Walden Library to identify at least four relevant peer-reviewed articles related to your clinical issue of interest. You should not be using systematic reviews for this assignment, select original research articles.
· Review the Resources for guidance and develop a PICO(T) question of interest to you for further study. It is suggested that an Intervention-type PICOT question be developed as these seem to work best for this course.
Walden Library recommends starting your search broadly with one concept or search word and adding more elements one at a time. Depending on your topic, the evidence will not necessarily address all the aspects of your PICO(T) question in one article. Select the most important concepts to search and find the best evidence available, even if that means assembling evidence from multiple articles.
· Nursing Research Page – databases and resources specifically for Nursing
· Evidence-Based Practice guide: Evidence Types
· Nursing and Health research videos, including a 15-minute introduction
· Get Help page, including Ask a Librarian service
· How do I find an article that reports on research that uses a specific methodology?
· How do I find original or primary research that analyzes empirical data?
· What is the Find at Walden button?
By Day 3 of Week 4
Post a brief description of your clinical issue of interest. This clinical issue will remain the same for the entire course and will be the basis for the development of your PICOT question. Describe your search results in terms of the number of articles returned on original research and how this changed as you added search terms using your Boolean operators. Finally, explain strategies you might make to increase the rigor and effectiveness of a database search on your PICO(T) question. Be specific and provide examples.
You can use google scholar datebase to search for articles but you used the matrix assignment and whatever issue you used for that assignment is going to have to stick for each assignment.
Apa 3 references
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”