I’d like to ask for help for this module. Chapter 2 – Management Consultancy
1. To what general areas can management consulting relate?
2. Who can be management consultants?
3. Give examples of management consultancy services that may be provided to the following establishments.
a. Food chain
b. Insurance company
d. Sports organization
e. Bureau of Internal Revenue
4. Distinguish between the three types of problems a business entity may face.
5. Give examples of management consultancy services that could be provided in the following areas:
b. Finance and accounting
d. International operations
e. Procurement of materials and supplies
2. Explain briefly and give examples of consultancy projects related to:
a. Business Planning and Development
b. Marketing Research
c. New Product Development
d. Information Systems Development
e. Staff Recruitment
II. Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is true?
a. MAS engagements involve routine and are repetitive in nature.
b. Being a CPA automatically qualifies a person to render the entire range of management services.
c. Management audit is one of the areas of management consultancy that is not directly related to accounting and finance.
d. The areas of management advisory services are much more limited than the traditional auditing and taxation services of a CPA.
2. The type of problems faced by an entity that involves conditions that have worsened and demands urgent action is known as
a. progressive problem.
b. opportunistic problem.
c. corrective problem.
d. unsolvable problem.
3. Which of the following areas will not be classified under Accounting and Finance Services?
a. Personnel recruitment and training
b. General and cost accounting
c. Marginal income analysis
d. Capital investment
4. The basic analytical process applied in consulting engagements include
1. Definition of problem.
2. Implementation of the recommended solution to the problem.
3. Development of the solution.
4. Identification of objectives.
5. Fact-finding and analysis.
The order in which the above-mentioned steps are generally applied are
a. 1,2, 3, 4, 5.
b. 4, 1,5, 3, 2.
c. 4, 5,1,3, 2.
d. 4, 1,3, 5, 2.
5. Common outcomes desired from business planning and development generally include the following except
a. increase in market share.
b. development of new products.
c. internal structural reorganizations.
d. better-trained personnel.