hey Doc, let me know if you ahve any questions
Your company is considering manufacturing protective cases for a popular new smart-phone. Management decides to borrow $200,000 from each of two banks, First American and First Citizen. On the day that you visit both banks, the quoted prime interest rate is 7%. Each loan is similar in that each involves a 60-day note, with interest to be paid at the end of 60 days.
The interest rate was set at 2% above the prime rate on First American’s fixed-rate note. Over the 60-day period, the rate of interest on this note will remain at the 2% premium over the prime rate regardless of fluctuations in the prime rate.
First Citizen sets its interest rate at 1.5% above the prime rate on its floating-rate note. The rate charged over the 60 days will vary directly with the prime rate.
Create a spreadsheet to calculate and analyze the following for the First American loan:
- a. Calculate the total dollar interest cost on the loan. Assume a 365-day year.
- b. Calculate the 60-day rate on the loan.
- c. Assume that the loan is rolled over each 60 days throughout the year under identical conditions and terms. Calculate the effective annual rate of interest on the fixed-rate, 60-day First American note.
Next, create a spreadsheet to calculate the following for the First Citizen loan:
- d. Calculate the initial interest rate.
- e. Assuming that the prime rate immediately jumps to 7.5% and after 30 days it drops to 7.25%, calculate the interest rate for the first 30 days and the second 30 days of the loan.
- f. Calculate the total dollar interest cost.
- g. Calculate the 60-day rate of interest.
- h. Assume that the loan is rolled over each 60 days throughout the year under the same conditions and terms. Calculate the effective annual rate of interest.
- i. Which loan would you choose, and why?
The post for Dr.Loizeaux only appeared first on Lion Essays.
for Dr.Loizeaux only was first posted on May 12, 2023 at 7:01 am.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org