This Assignment is helpful in developing the groundwork for understanding and integrating evidence-based practice in healthcare throughout the rest of the course. In this Assignment you will have the chance to see how the research you look for can be applied in the work you do in your practice.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION AND FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS
You will select a topic — Topic selected PICOT Question
In Patients with hypertension (P) what is the effect of using Telemonitoring blood pressure (I) compared to usual care (C) dose it improves blood pressure control (O) within the first few months of starting medication (T)
High blood pressure is an important risk factor for stoke and ischemic heart disease (McKinstry, B., Hanley J., & Lewis, S, 2015). Home BP telemonitoring may be one way to improve blood pressure control. Treatment of Hypertension Based on Home or Office (THOP) trail put together a randomized study that gathered 203 participants BP rates whose BP medication was adjusted based on home BP compared to 197 control participants. Medication adjustments according to home blood pressure measurements led to less intensive drug treatment but with less Blood pressure control (Lee & Park, 2016). This proved that home BP telemonitoring, medication adherence, diet modification can improver blood pressure control.
Studies shows that African Americans have a higher risk of being diagnosed with hypertension versus any other race in the world. African Americans develop hypertension at an early age. Many interventions have been designed to help patients manage their hypertension. Home -base blood pressure telemonitoring is associated with reduction in high blood pressure and increase patient’s overall health. Patients are able to monitor their own vitals, and communicate it with their health care provider. About 1 of 3 U.S adults or about 75 million people have high blood pressure and only about 54% have it under control (CDC, 2019). High blood pressure increases the risk for heart disease and stroke which is the two-leading cause of deaths in the U.S. High B.P is known as a silent killer due to the fact that it has no symptoms and many people don’t know that they have it. That’s why it is important to check your blood pressure often to ensure that you do not have hypertension. Home BP telemonitoring combined with self-adjustment based on prespecified treatment algorithms has been shown to improve BP control (Zullig, Melnyk, Goldstein, Shaw, & Bosworth, 2016).
From the chapter readings and discussion, formulate a 3–5 page scholarly paper in APA format, providing an overview of the terms and function of EPB. An introduction, discussion and conclusion is expected in the overview on this topic
- Formulate the question.—– question is listed above with foreground and background as a guide
- Using the Cochrane database, research the question using the PICOT model and key words.
- Post your topic and a short summary of results for feedback from your instructor and peers by Day 5
- Write a 3–5 page paper, reviewing evidence-based practice, as it relates to your practice question and integrate feedback from the instructor and/or peers.
- Include a minimum of three evidence-based references .SOURCES MUST BE NO LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD and in APA formatting
- Making the Case for Evidence-Based Practice and Cultivating a Spirit of Inquiry”
- “Asking Compelling, Clinical Questions”
- “Finding Relevant Evidence to Answer Clinical Questions”
- “Critically Appraising Knowledge for Clinical Decision Making”
- “Critically Appraising Quantitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making
LINK TO BOOK: https://books.google.com/books?id=7tdLDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Philosophies+And+Theories+For+Advanced+Nursing+Practice+3RD+18&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3pviH9ebhAhXCxFkKHZC1CqYQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q=Philosophies%20And%20Theories%20For%20Advanced%20Nursing%20Practice%203RD%2018&f=false
Grading Rubric for this Assignment is attached please make sure the assignment follows the rubric
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
I have attached links that are helpful for writing APA format, Also using the Cochrane data base listed in direction # 2
Here is the link to Trip Medical Database. You can use words from your PICOT for search.
https://www.tripdatabase.com/#pico Remember to be specific. Be succinct.
Here are resources for setting up your paper in APA formatting.
University of South Dakota (2014, April 27). How to use the features in Word to set up paper in APA format [YouTube Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4L3WaqBttk
Here is a source for learning more about the Cochrane database.
Cochrane Library. (n.d.) How to use the Cochrane Library. Retrieved fromhttp://www.cochranelibrary.com.libauth.purdueglobal.edu/help/how-to-use-cochrane-library.html
PLEASE FOLLOW RUBRIC. NO PLAGIARISM, ASSIGNMENT MUST MEET POST REQUIREMENT AS WELL AS RUBRIC IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED. WILL CHECK FOR PLAGIARISM AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF PLAGIARISM IS DETECTED.